What is the Jing Fang Apprenticeship?
“It has been the single most helpful thing I’ve done for my health – it’s been life changing”
Simone Irmscher, JFA Patient, February 2022
The Jing Fang Apprenticeship (JFA) is an apprenticeship-style training in Chinese herbal medicine, that gives apprentices a practical and solid grounding in the subject. The programme teaches Chinese herbal medicine from scratch and leads to a Licentiate in Classical Chinese Herbalism. The JFA teaches the Jing Fang Six Syndrome Differentiation System. It was officially opened by Dr Feng Shi-Lun in 2015.
The JFA is:
- A practical clinic-based approach to the study of Chinese herbs with access to a whole herb dispensary
- A manageable and systematic way to navigate the ocean of Chinese herbal medicine
- Competency based rather than time based
The JFA has:
- An online theory component (Jing Fang lecture series)
- Flexible attendance possibilities
- A central UK location in South Oxfordshire
- Entered the EHTPA accreditation process
Who can apply?
- You need a knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Western Medicine and Therapeutic Relationship to the standard of an acupuncture degree or equivalent.
- If you want to discuss your eligibility, please contact us.
“It is such a privilege to be studying the Jing Fang Apprenticeship with Frances Turner, and I cannot wait to incorporate this incredible system into my practice to help patients.”
Cristina Lopez-Pasqual, JFA Apprentice 2020-22
- To book a place you need to 1) fill out the registration form below, and 2) contact Frances to arrange an interview.
- STRUCTURE & COSTS 2022-23
Apprentices at the first JFA Graduation, June 2016
“Frances does a wonderful job of teaching Jing Fang to us in England, online and in person. It has transformed my herbal practice into being more effective, with quicker results, and being more curative.”
Vasanthy Watt, Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner UK, JFA Supervisor 2022